Monday 7 January 2008

It seems that i am to "understand wood"

"Understanding Wood" the name of one of my new text books. i some how feel dirty owning this book, i don't know why. but if the title isn't enough the first line of the book is, "Wood comes from trees." somehow i think that this term is going to be an "interesting" one. The best part is that i still have Fridays off. but of course i work for most Fridays oh well rent needs to be paid.

I am coming to hate peterborough more and more. It is not a city that endears itself to me and it makes me feel like less of a person for living here even thought it is for school. I somehow think that i am going to be snubbed in my field for taking the course here. That is the feeling i have, but am reassured by many that i am wrong, as it is one of 2 places to take the course, other being a 3 year masters course at queens.

I am being forced to the gym at lest 2 times a week. When i say "forced" i don't really mean that, as i agreed to go of my own free will, but have gym buddies that remind me that i said i would and the glorious guilt sets in and I go. we will see how long this lasts.

Christmas was a drunken good time, I wish I had had longer at home, I miss my family and I miss waterloo. I miss my friends of which i am neglecting to call or write which makes me a bad friend. I would like to say in my defence that i get so depressed that all i want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep which is usually the outcome. I wish i had the strength of character to be on the ball all the time. Many people here have commented that i am a Ball of energy and bubbly all the time. I wish that were true.

Anyways, it is the beginning of another school term and I am already behind in my readings, probably because i can not take my text book seriously. The new classes look interesting, i have had two of 6 we shall see if the rest are going to be alright or not.

On that note, i am off to bed, sleep is good, it seems it is the only thing good at the moment.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Pauvre Mary! Don't be so hard on yourself, you're an awesome friend. I miss home and friends and Waterloo in general too.
Have fun learning to 'understand wood' (giggle)!

Mary Anne said...

mary you are bubbly..and a lot of fun..I can see you have the winter blues. I thought that Peterborough is a very pretty place.You will do super at whatever you do. I love that wood is from trees..expecting you to get an A in that course!
Keep on excercising it helps the blues I am told. I am walking for Alzheimers this year on the 27th..so I have to practise too. Sounds like you should take up knitting.